Built in 1912 for the Mark W. Woods family, this stately home was designed by architect John G. Cordner. J. A. Watson supervised construction. The original building permit was for 2101 Sheridan Blvd (same location) and estimated at $24,000 for building on this .56 acre site. Quality construction and details show in this 7300 sf structure from the finished basement (former ballroom) to the 4th story 24 windows Cupalo artist studio. Details include copper gutters, oversized mahogany doors and stairway, ornate light fixtures, and quarter-sawed oak floors, 6 bedrooms, 7 bath areas, 2 kitchens and 3 stall garage. Long history of serving Lincoln: The Woods family started Lincoln’s phone company, developed Sheridan Place and started Woods Bros Realty.