148 Bellevue Ave. is offered to the public for the first time in 72 years! This beautiful, historically significant home conveys understated elegance. Its custom-milled woodwork and hand-carved details show off the exceptional skill of the craftsmen who built the house in the early 1890s. The original owner, George E. Gilchrist, was a longtime Melrose resident who served on the city’s first Board of Alderman in 1899. He spared no expense in creating this one-of-a-kind, extraordinarily well-built home on the cutting edge of design. The open floor plan and high ceilings create a wonderful space for entertaining. Unusually large windows bring in lots of natural light. Original stained glass windows illuminate the grand front stairway. The Milford Pink granite used to build the foundation was also used in the Boston Public Library. This home combines great beauty with brilliant design. Don’t miss it.